So another week has passed, and yet another one begins. I am going to try to go out each day this week to work, even though it may be difficult. Living with depression for the past year or so has been rough, but getting out and about seems to help. I have been super dependent on my mom for everything in the past months, but I need to become my own person--as the American way--independent. I may have said that already, but it needs to be reinforced yet again.
Tonight, I watched the first of 3 installments of Tin Man a "re-imagination" of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum. It's on the SciFi channel, if that doesn't mean anything to anyone, and it's a bit on the odd side. The modern science fiction angle of the fantasy story is fun and playful. It lacks the luster of the original movie, but it takes a new perspective on the original story, where the protagonist, aptly named D.G., goes on an epic journey to find her parents. While doing so she discovers she is a daughter of the queen of the Outer Zone, the O.Z. for short. These little throw backs to the original tale are fun to discover and often cleverly mixed in to the new story. Even the actors for the scarecrow, tin man, cowardly lion characters look much like the original movie actors. This is a fun new twist on the original tale, but hey I'm just another gay nerd, who happens to love the original Wizard of Oz. This "re-imagination" may just have a place in my collection in the future. Let's hope that the SciFi channel website will have it on sale here soon.
Here's to another week of enjoyable Oregon rain. Ciao bello!
No comments:
Post a Comment