So about a year ago I has having some psychotic issues. I had some hallucinations of people calling my name and seeing some flashes of people in the corner of my eye. Well that freaked out my doctor, especially since I have a biological disposition to schizophrenia because my birth mother has it. So he put me on a mood stabilizer, but I gained about 25 pounds in just a few weeks. So rather than mess with my physical health, I went to see a psychiatrist (whom I loathed) who prescribed two mood stabilizers, but they made me super tired all the time. At the same time, I started going to see a therapist, who shall remain nameless, who was great. He convinced me of my gayness--YAY!-- and I worked out some of my issues. But as soon as I figured out I was gay I felt like I was done with therapy. That was in May 2007.
Fast forward to September: I had been playing World of Warcraft for four solid months, and in September I hit rock bottom. I had lost all interest in life, and I was obsessed with WoW. Like seriously obsessed. It wasn't even enjoyable anymore, but I was simply playing to pass the time. So I decided to help myself and go back to therapy. Well the first stop was going to my doctor, which had changed since the last time because my clinic seems to have revolving doctors. But this time I got a great doctor, who prescribed a good medication for me. It seemed to perk me up a bit. Gah I know this is super private but it's needed for you to understand the rest of the story..
Well I'm in the same place as before. I don't want to go back to him...I think I've reached the end of what he can provide for me in a counselor. But we'll see. I need to find a gay male counselor or a female who knows her shit. I'm tired of going week after week, and not progressing. He's a cool guy and I like to talk with him, but having a conversation is not the same as getting some counseling shit done...oh well.
More to come on all types of news. My life seems to have begun again. I'm out to search for a job here soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment