The day started wonderfully, my mother and I got up around nine o'clock and opened gifts, I got some really cute stuff from Banana Republic, and a pea coat that is a bit large for me from Old Navy. So I'm taking the coat back to exchange for a medium which may end up being to big for me by next winter if I'm down to my slim goal of 145 pounds. After our morning fun of dancing around the house on a sugar high from my delicious monkey bread (I'll put the recipe at the end of the post), we headed out to the grandparents' place. We took the turkey to my great-grandfather's/great aunt's house to bake in the double oven, and baked Mom's most delicious turkey yet. And we went to go to my grandparents' place, where the television was about 120 decibels and everyone was yelling to talk over the TV. We had Christmas dinner around five o'clock. And I was proud of myself for just having the seven-layer salad and a dessert jell-o salad for dinner. The thought of the very rare prime rib and the (even good) turkey dinner was too much for my nearly vegetarian stomach to tolerate. After dinner we opened gifts, and then we played Catch Phrase. During the day however, there was a lot of tension in the grandparents' house. I felt like I had to be on guard in case an argument broke out, which thankfully it didn't. Nevertheless, no one should have to feel that way on a holiday around family...sigh....
So I am deciding to divulge my life story over the next few weeks. I want to write an autobiography, mainly because I have been through so much in the past 22 years of my short life. And that stuff may help other teens who may be going through similar times.
Oh here is the monkey bread recipe.
2 cans of Grands biscuits (flaky are the best)
A stick of butter (not margarine)
About a half-cup of brown sugar
About a half-cup of granulated white sugar
Ground cinnamon
Granulated nutmeg
Bundt/angel food cake pan
Preheat oven to 375 deg F
Mix sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and set aside.
Take biscuits out of the can and cut into quarters. Roll the quarters in the sugar/cinnamon mix.
Spray the Bundt pan with an anti-stick spray, and cut 1-3 teaspoon chunks of butter and put in the Bundt pan with brown sugar.
Layer coated buscuit quarters in the Bundt pan with brown sugar and butter.
Bake at 375 deg F for 30 minutes or until the top of the bread is medium-golden brown. Remove from the oven, and turn over on a plate/platter. Allow to cool for a few minutes uncovered. Slice it up or just enjoy taking pieces of bread from the loaf.
I know this isn't very figure friendly, but it's okay to splurge on Christmas :D
No comments:
Post a Comment