Thursday, December 27, 2007

Content

There's a storm happening in Portland. It's cold outside, but I'm safe in my house. My room is a sanctuary and today I made it my own place. It's still a mess, but I have things where I want them for the most part. The next thing I need is either a place to put my TV or to get rid of the big black eye (or eyesore really). Then after that I need a comfy chair where I can sit and read or study. Some thing like a round ottoman with a half-back on it that just lets you sink down deep in the cushions.

For Christmas I got $50 in gift certificates for Fred Meyer, a local grocery store connected to Kroger's. So I got a new computer game (Caesar IV, which is kinda boring but I may get into it in a bit) and new computer speakers. I was going to get jeans, but Fred Meyer jeans are Levis (which are good but I have too many already) and Wrangler and Lee--EWWWWWW!!!! I need me some GAP or Banana Republic Jeans. I'd really like some Diesel jeans, but I'm not about to spend $200 on a couple yards of denim. They should make the jeans cheaper for shorties, but we all know that will never happen; if anything they will make them more expensive because they often must be specially tailored for my super short 28-inseam :O But being 5'6" isn't all that hard. You learn to adapt; my legs are very strong and tippy toes are a very viable option for all situation, as is jumping for things that may be out of reach. HAHAHA. I'm so short. But I'm getting more comfortable with myself.

I am content with me. I was telling my therapist that I feel the most free I have ever felt. I don't have to hide anything from anyone. I just want to get out there and have a fun and interesting life. I am going to try to get to be a more outdoorsy type person. I like to camp, and I think that getting away from my laptop every few weeks to spend some quiet time away will be healthy. Being able to love yourself is key in order for you to be able to love others, and for others to love you. More later, but for now I'm happy with me and what I am becoming as a man.

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

I love that you love becoming the man you want to be! I also love the vision of you on your handsome man tippy toes and jumping up to reach! And don't get me started on my jean fetish. (I have others too!).