definition::What you say when life throws you a doozy.
Well, last night Mom and I stayed at her folks’ place, whose property we will be staying on for the time being. I went back to our old place to start packing out some more stuff, and I noticed something taped to the door…it was a notice from our landlord stating that we have until Monday to pay our rent in full or we have to move out. Basically, it was an eviction notice that was put nicely.
I have a problem with this issue though. Mom and I had arranged for us to be able to pay the rent on the 25th of this month rather than at the first of the month prior to when it was due. Since we spoke to her in August, we thought everything was fine. Well, then she wanted us to provide something in writing, but you know how it is when you have to pack every day and Mom is working all the time. We just have had no time or energy to divert to such a mundane task. Well it turns out that it was more important to her than we expected. So now she expects a full month’s rent—which isn’t going to happen because we gave our 30 days notice last month on the 21st and we aren't going to pay that either since she’s kicking us out on the 15th—or else for us to move out of her parents’ apartment.
Mom thinks that she freaked out when she came over to our apartment and saw much of it packed and gone. I’m not sure what went down, but I’m kinda glad it did happen because it lit a fire under our asses to get this shit moved fast. I was enjoying taking it slow for a time, but it’s time we kicked it into high gear to move on. I’m SO over Milwaukie, Redneck, Oregon…more than you’ll ever know—seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment