so no funny business…
I’m up late and bored. Honestly that’s not a problem, but I have to get to sleep because I have yet another fun-filled day tomorrow. But we’ll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.
Today and yesterday, however, were very much fun filled…fun filled indeed. Yesterday, I went downtown to take care of some school issues. I got my financial aid figured out—finally!!—got the hold lifted off my account so I can register for classes. It was a catch-22 I couldn’t register for classes because I don’t have financial aid and my account is negative by 1200 (this doesn’t include the 12 more credits that I will enroll in now). So I needed financial aid, but I can’t get full aid unless I am registered full time, which means 12 or more credits. So I went to business affairs and said, “Bitches, you better let me register for classes!” Well not really, but you get the idea, and basically it was taken care of in the end and, horray! I can register for classes!
I was so excited to register for classes that I went directly to the art department to talk to someone about the classes I am going to take this term—I need permission to take classes which I haven't taken prereqs for…more red tape—only to find out that the art department is closed on Friday for the summer. I was pissed, but I decided to go Monday instead, which is not a big deal. Thus concludes my Friday.
Today, I got up at noon! I haven’t slept that late for quite some time. But I needed the rest. Surprisingly, I got an incredible amount accomplished today, so brace yourself. I dug a hole within thirty minutes of getting up, which for me is quite a feat because I don’t do well with anything within about two hours of waking. But I got out there anyway and got dirty and sweaty! OMG sweaty. I’m pretty sure this moved from the realm of sexy sweaty to the point of being quite disgusting. It was so horrible that it was dripping into my eyes, which, in case you didn’t know, burns quite horribly. I inherited the damned Italian sweat and body heat gene. This is of course dependent on the stereotype, which I am unashamedly promoting and prolonging. Anyway, I was digging this hole to get some electrical conduit for the place my mom and I just happen to be staying for the next few months. We got the septic line set, the water hooked up, and power to both rigs. Exciting, right? Well it is for us because I am happily in my trailer with full power and a working water heater and refrigerator.
We even went to the store to go grocery shopping. I think the most exciting purchases today at the grocery store were this great little electric tea kettle, which doubles as a little soup cooking thing, and this thing called Dry-Z-Air, which will help keep the moistness from creeping in to my house and ruining my clothes and paper. The only disconcerting thing about the liquid it collects is that it’s environmentally hazardous, it corrodes metal and will eat through any organic material. Yikes! I think what I will end up doing is collecting the stuff in a plastic bucket and taking it to the dump for safe processing.
Wow, this post is really long and I have so much more to share too. Later though…
No comments:
Post a Comment