Saturday, January 5, 2008

A horrible Friday...and drab Saturday

Hmmmm, it's been a long past two days. So this post may end up being super long. So if you don't want to read, don't; otherwise...carry on. As in my last post, I was driving a truck yesterday. I drove to Aberdeen, Washington, to drop off a job box. Which was fine, but I got confused and tried to turn around somewhere that was too tight (just barely). I thought I just grazed a tree so I moved along, trying to finish the delivery. I went down the highway, and I was pulled over by the local police a few miles out. He said I had hit someone, and I was really surprised by that. I wouldn't have left the scene had I known I'd hit another vehicle. He had me turn around and go back into town. I noticed on my way back that my load had come loose on two connections. I got back to the scene and realized that I had barely grazed a parked semi and knocked off a good chunk of tree. I think the diesel must have been groaning so loudly that I didn't hear any of that. After a few hours of being talked to by both the local police and the county sheriff, I was notified that I was not licensed to be driving the rig I was driving. It is rated for 30,000 pounds gross weight, and a normal Class C license is only up to 16,000 pounds or something like that. This part really pisses me off because I asked my employers twice if I was licensed to drive the truck.

So, I was charged with 3 law violations: driving without proof of insurance (which I'm not paying the $550 ticket for), hit and run (which is a criminal charge, and I hope that the judge will see that I didn't realize I'd hit anything), and driving a commercial vehicle without proper licensing (which is criminal also for some reason). Also the company I was driving for was charged for improper securing of the load, which is only a $124 ticket for something that puts many people including myself at risk for serious injury or death, compared to my uninsured ticket of over 500......When the tow truck came, the operator said that I was lucky I didn't get killed. So I have a court date for January 28 all the way back in friggin Aberdeen. Let's hope the judge will see my side of the story. I don't believe myself to be guilty of a hit and run, since I had no knowledge of hitting anyone. Let's just say that no matter what happens in the future, I am always going to get out and double and triple check the situation before I get on with my day.

All I have to say is FUCK!!!!!! That was just a shitty day and I slept for 14 hours last night because it was so stressful.

Well in other news.... (I'll keep it bulleted from here out)
  • My date is chickening out on me because I don't have relationship experience and he's ready to settle down....at 21.
  • I'm gearing up to get back to school on Monday.
  • I'm still looking for a part time job. Although the university bookstore is hiring for their tech center, which sounds kinda fun.
  • I put a purple streak in the front of my hair, but you can't see it because my hair is already dark....
  • I am tired from yesterday.
  • And I'm hungry and going to get some food right after I proof read and post this entry...
I hope your Saturday is wonderful. I might go out for the evening, but I don't have any money so there's no point. Lalalala. I may just stay in and jerk off a few times. Although it'd be more fun with someone else...hehe. Just say "no" to Craigslist! :D

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

You have got to be kidding me.....I can't believe it. One thing after another. I feel really badly for you. Know that I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

I just checked your previous posts from last week. Really sorry to learn all the unfortunate incidences. take care and let me know if I can help.