Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Great news and semi-good news

GREAT NEWS!!!! I plead guilty to the hit and run charge and I got no jail time and a $400 fine which will be paid for by the company I was driving for. Also the charge of driving without a CDL was dismissed AND if I keep my nose clean for 12 months the hit and run charge will be deferred (i.e., dismissed and removed from my criminal record). So I was extremely excited and then came the daunting sleepiness, so much so that I had to have Mom drive part of the way home. And, boy, did I sleep hard last night!

Semi-good news... Last post, I mentioned something about Josh's and my relationship taking a different turn. He's rapidly falling for me, but I am lacking the emotional and intellectual connection that I think every relationship needs. I asked to move it to just a friendship, and he understood fully. However, I'm not sure if I will ever develop love for him, and I know he will be hurt very much by that. I did warn him that I may not. We have some differences that may not work out in the long run, but for now I decided to stay friends with him (no more boyfriends) and we can have a little fun on the side, simply because our physical chemistry is pretty hot. So good (I hope) friends with benefits. I enjoy his company and he's pretty fun, but we're no longer "exclusive" as it were. I felt really bad, but he seemed to take it in stride. Although I know his feelings have to be hurt even just a little. Who knows? Maybe it will develop into something more, but I'm not counting out other people at this point. It is fun, so I definitely think we should stay friends. I enjoy his company and he, mine.

I've got to focus on discovering me at this point, and adding another man to equation wasn't the best idea for now. I think that's part of the reason I've been so stressed. I know it's silly, but I am young and spreading my wings. It is refreshing to have someone like me and like him back. We get along quite well and having a good friend is more important than having a lover/boyfriend in my opinion. Plus we are willing to have fun once in a while. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, Nathan! I am so happy for you, and now, do play safe and keep a clean driving record, for at least 12 months.
Seems like things are working out fine in your life. very good, man, very good :)

A Lewis said...

I am so happy for you and the driving charges. REally . As for Josh, you'll now need to discover the really difficult part of a relationship.....the depth over the sizzle. Sizzle dies, depth goes on forever. Thinking of you and Mom tomorrow morning. All fingers and body parts are crossed.

A Lewis said...

Damn it....I had a comment all typed up for this and lost it, I think. What I said was that It's fantastic news on the court charges! Whew. And I said that you're now going down the difficult trail of finding the depth of humanity in someone rather than just the sizzle. Sizzle dies, depth goes on forever. And, for tomorrow morning, I send you and your Mom my prayers and wishes. Hugs.