Sunday, August 3, 2008

hope and its counterpart are both fleeting

but you must experience one to know the other.

Life is full of paradoxes. There is balance that is brought to life. Any significant period of peace is generally preceded by some amount of conflict. We cannot enjoy one without first knowing the other. It is the concept of the ying and the yang. The symbol for this has become ubiquitous recently, but it perfectly expresses what I'm saying. Opposites are never truly opposite each other; there is always some part of ying in yang and some yang in ying. Something different would throw off balance and it would either correct itself or it would have to be corrected by choice.

Sometimes this correction process is violent. There is some struggle to bring balance to one's life. For me picking up my fragmented life is going to drudge up some undesirable emotions that will need to be dealt with. And I need friends to support me through the process. I know a few friends who would likely lend a listening ear or a supportive shoulder if I need it. It is time for me to pick up the pieces and become a whole person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am here for you ;)


It pleases me that you have the courage to face and solve your problems. A lot of us just choose to escape or deny.