Saturday, August 23, 2008

i HATE homophobia…

Pretty much it sucks a gorilla dick…which, in case you didn’t know, are tiny.

For my pastime I play World of Warcraft. In case you didn’t know, you play with many people at the same time. And of course those people are sometimes socially…inexperienced. And often the people that play are country bumpkins with nothing better to do. With country bumpkins come rednecks…and homophobia seems to be a rite of passage for fuckin’ rednecks. Every insult is a gay slur. “That’s gay” is broadcast across millions of computers at the same time—and no one says a thing. I usually say, “What’s wrong with being gay?” or “How is that gay?” or something else that probably gets me on many people’s ignore lists. The point is, I want people to be aware of how often they actually say “That’s gay” whether or not they think of it as a slur—or of themselves as homophobic. I figure planting a seed by using humor is more effective than telling people off.

Here’s to changing the world, one homophobe at a time…

No comments: